I'm in the middle of a day and a half breather between trips. Last week was awesome! Malibu's weather was perfection and the Pepperdine Lectures were as wonderful as ever. I read a blog by someone who said Pepperdine still out-performs all the others, even though the others are good. I totally agree, but I've often wondered how much of that is location. I mean, after all, a view of the Pacific and perfect weather 24/7? Abilene, Searcy, etc are at a definite disadvantage from the get-go.
Anyway, when people ask how the lectures were, I've had fun telling them that I thought the Thursday night keynote was especially good. Curt did an amazing job, obviously empowered and impassioned by the Spirit. Because his message was very personal, it really touched a chord with so many in the audience, which was exactly what we had prayed for. The Pepperdine Lectures have blessed us so much in the past 22 years, in fact, Curt might not be in full-time ministry today had we not attended that event in years past. It was such a sweet moment to see Curt on the stage and experience God's blessing coming full circle. By the tears evidenced and comments made afterward, the message gave hope to several who were on the verge of giving up on our fellowship. Praise God!
Then, we got to follow that mountain-top experience (no pun intended) with seeing Sarah and Taylor receive their degrees on Saturday. It was definitely a highlight of our lives! The wedding in January, Curt delivering a keynote at Pepperdine, and our children now graduated from college...2009 has been an incredible year! I am SO proud of our family!!!
I had a long brunch with Sharon, Jean and Sandy today. Thank you, God, for these dear women. They are such a blessing in my life, and I didn't even know their names until 2 years ago. I can only imagine how wonderful heaven will be when I get to meet and spend all the time I want with fellow believers that I never even met in this life. It's a good thing it'll be an eternal place.
I'm headed off in a couple of hours to Arkansas for my niece's graduation. I'm really looking forward to having some time with Mom, Dad and my brother's family, even though the time will be very short. Next week, we'll head to Illinois for a visit with the Sparks clan. Kathy told me a couple of days ago that she thinks Glenn is in the early stages of Alzheimer's, and Barb and Marj agree with her. But he gets really upset and refuses to talk about it or seek a doctor's help for it. I hope Curt will be able to soften him up and get him to at least go see a doctor. Evidently some of the medicine available now will slow or halt the progression for many years, but it can't undo damage that's already occurred. What makes some people so resistant to seeking help? Especially when it can make such a difference in the long run? That really frustrates me, and I DON'T want to be like that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment