Here I am. Blogging. My husband has been saying I should blog. My daughter signed off her email tonight with "get a blog". So, it's only appropriate that I dedicate this first post to them both.
How DO you begin a blog? Where do you start? How much do you say? How much do you NOT say? Who in the world will ever want to read any of it anyway? But really, that's not the point, is it? For me, the point is to find a platform, a voice for all the stuff that is constantly rambling around in my mind. Perhaps when I see it in black and white on the page, it will begin to make sense and maybe even develop a life of its own with purpose and direction.
That's what I'd love. To see something from within my heart and soul live outside of me and somehow make a difference. Actually, I've already experienced the wonder of that many times over through the beautiful, amazing people that others refer to as my children. Kudos to Jared and Sarah for the blessing they are to so many.
And my husband...well, there's no way I could begin to describe what a wonderful man he is. His impact in my life is immeasurable. I love him. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about all the things I should say to him instead of the things I do say. Any time an impatient word comes out of my mouth or a flash of irritation toward him comes over me I think, "What is wrong with me?" Quickly followed by an arrow prayer, "Guard my tongue. Please." Curt could definitely win a contest for the considerate husbands. He is loving, affirming, understanding, and he even LIKES to go shopping with me. What more can I say?!
And so begins the blogging. But a first post could never fulfill its purpose without giving honor the other man in my life, the one that keeps loving me into becoming a better me. He is incredibly patient and forgiving, and so deep that after all these years together, I'm only just beginning to know him. Jesus, this is for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, if all else fails, we can just read each others.
ReplyDeleteAlso, that is a very great picture for this blog.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm glad you finally jumped in and did it. I miss hearing your voice; this way, at least I can see your words.
ReplyDelete